Book Corner: Term 4 2014

Introducing Rachael Craw

It is always exciting to discover a new author, especially when they are from New Zealand, and remarkably good.

As I was heading on vacation, I loaded several books onto my Kindle, including Spark, written by Rachael Craw. I tweeted Rachael instantly when I discovered that she was on twitter, was an English teacher and of course, a kiwi. My goal was to have her feature in our final English Newsletter for the year. Rachael agreed, and her responses are recorded below. 

No wonder I thoroughly enjoyed Spark, Rachael draws inspiration from my all time favourite author, Margaret Atwood. Spark is not just for Young Adults, many of us adults enjoyed the convincing characters, the pace and sophisticated themes. My Year 10s have loved the novel, and look forward to the next installment. We understand this will be hitting our shelves early next year.

Rachael Craw 2014
Thank you Rachael for your inspiring responses. I am looking forward to meeting you in person one day, as we sound like we have a lot in common. In the meantime, I will follow your successes via twitter, and will continue promoting your novel to our students.

What are you planning to read this summer?

Comments