Confessions of an avid reader

You are what you EAT READ...

A #Soulshine coffee & a good book is heavenly
You may have noticed I am an avid reader. The perfect day involves a great book and a cuppa. I read widely, both professionally and for pleasure. When I am not immersed in educational matter, I am in heaven reading Margaret Atwood, many Aotearoa authors, the classics, and anything else with rich vocabulary, a sharp narrative and challenges the reader to think.
A few of my favourites...

#ProfReading

If you are wanting the 'sound bite' fix of Professional Readings, you may wish to check out the tweets using #ProfReading - a curation of these is here. In addition, the summer edition of our CORE Education blog contains a collection of 'Must Reads', from our prolific CORE readers. To check out my current reads, check out the #ProfReading hashtag. If you want to add yours, please do - love learning...

Thanks to the wonderful Paula Eskett, CORE's Knowledge Curator, who continues to supply me with my #ProfReading fix.

Prior to working at CORE Education Tātai Aho Rau, we established a Professional Reading Brekkie Cub (PRBC) at AJHS. A group of 'keen beans', including Danielle Myburgh met every Friday, ate brekkie and discussed relevant and topical readings we had read during the week. As part of 'My Portfolio', I kept a journal of our readings, plus reflections. This was also evidence for my RTCs (now PTCs).

Terry Beech established @edubookchatNZ as a way of encouraging educators to share and discuss.

This year, Steve Mouldey, is facilitating the #edchatNZ Reading Room.


Lifelong Readers...

Instilling a love of books is one of the best gifts we can give. My tamariki and whānau always receive books from us - gifts that keep on giving. Check out previous posts in Book Corner for teenage reads, plus Sandrea Ware's blog which is fantastic, and truly reflective of our emerging adolescents.  

Sometimes, a picture says a thousand words...

Chocolate + Kindle = happy days

Comments