#IMMOOC - Final Episode

Featuring the #IMMOOC community



Reflection:

1. What are you most significant takeaways from the Innovator’s Mindset MOOC?  

For me,  I have thoroughly enjoyed the regular GHO, featuring a variety of inspiring people - even if I've mostly watched them later, due to the time differences! Regular, ongoing professional conversations enable people to challenge their thinking, ask questions, and share! I've been impressed with the creative ways people are sharing their learning. Being exposed to a number of technology tools has been interesting, especially if you are clear about the PURPOSE and how it can enhance the learning. 

2. What will you do as a result? 

I am keen for as many kaiako / educators in Aotearoa, NZ, to be involved in critically reading 'The Innovator's Mindset', and creating/implementing an innovation plan! In my CORE Education consultancy role,  I am in a privileged position of working with a number of leaders, teachers, and schools.

 
3. How will you hold yourself accountable? 

Continue to challenge the status quo:
The WHY we want to challenge the status quo - to ensure we prepare them for THEIR future


4. How are you telling your story, sharing your learning (making great learning go viral), and innovating “inside the box” to make an impact in your community?

  • Have been blogging for a couple of years now.
  • I created the #ProfReading on Twitter, to share soundbites from Future Focused Education texts that aim to inspire others!
  • Tried Vialogues
  • Aiming to investigate VOXER - as a way of  building voice within the communities I am working with
In case you missed the final #IMMOOC:



Au Kaha, Kia Kaha! 

Together, we are Empowered!

My inspiration - my whānau

In closing, as George states:

"we really need to think about how we can be innovative inside of the box" (p. 226)

WE need an Innovator's Mindset, with one addition. Being culturally responsive is an essential addition in my opinion.  See my earlier post here for the ways 'identity' can / should be part of our classrooms. 
Finally, tēnā rawa atu koutou - thank you George, Katie, the #IMMOOC community, and of course, the featured guests. I look forward to the #IMMOOC reunion. In the meantime, let's continue sharing, encouraging & challenging each other online.

Comments