#edchat blogging meme...dancing the education revolution

If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.

Thanks Michelle (@MSimmsNZ) for the #edchat blogging meme tag. It was great to meet you during the conference.

Here goes:

1.  How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn't)

I attended both days - sometimes face to face, other times, buried in my device, laptop or both at the same time. I loved being able to mix and mingle with like minded tweeters, educators and forward thinkers.

2.  How many others attended from your school or organisation?

We were lucky for several reasons. Our school, AJHS, wanted to ensure we supported Danielle, #edchat and HPSS as  we are only ten minutes away. 
Our new principal, Stephen Kendall-Jones, Library Manager, Sandrea Ware, HOD Science, John Cluett and myself, HOD English/Media were there both days. Wikus Swanepoel, HOD Integrated Studies, Lisa and Tanhya attended Saturday's line up. 

3.  How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?


I am very competitive, and always up for a challenge. Therefore, I am pleased to have achieved approximately 12 of the 20 possible challenges! It probably helped that our presentation featured the word 'dancing' - that guaranteed us a few points! Plus we blared Brucie's 'Dancing in the Dark' to entice people to see what it is we are feeling our way through. 


4.  Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
It was nice to connect with many people, from all parts of our amazing Aotearoa. Three - Toni Cliffin - we car pooled on the first day. It was great to reconnect with Katie Peters as we had not seen each other for a few years. I also enjoyed walking around with Teresa Burgess, observing HPSS in action, and chatting about our own experiences.

5.  What session are you gutted that you missed?

There are so many I would have loved to attend. I would have enjoyed attending Steve's curiosity workshop, Ask Ros - HPSS experiences, or Di's design thinking workshop. However, as they are only ten minutes away, I am hoping I can pop down, or they run a session at a Narate Event sometime soon :)


6.  Who is one person that you would like to have taken to #EdchatNZ and what key thing would they have learned? 

How about a whole school staff PLD? So many options to cater for everyone's differing demands - the key thing - anything is possible - if you are willing to take a risk - and dance in the dark!

7.  Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?.

Loads of people I am sure - that is why we will have another one and continue to grow, grow, grow!


8.  What is the next book you are going to read and why?

I have ordered the #edubookchatNZ's recommendations:

  •  Key Competencies for the Future

As I am an avid reader - edugeek and literature buff, I've just finished:

  • Graham Nuthall's The Hidden Lives of Learner 
and making my way through:
  • Dweck's Mindset.

If you don't have time, I also suggest you make time to read:

  • Terms & Conditions - Bob Glancy (NZ)
  • The Miniaturist - Jessie Burton


9.  What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?

Take risks, reflect, ask Why?, encourage curiosity and encourage more student choice/voice

10.  Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?

YES - I am totally trying daily. Out of my comfort zone and loving it!


11. Who will I tag with this meme: 

Teressa (@tburgess13), Stephen (@skendalljones), Katarina (@BubblesReedy), Maurie (@maurieabraham) and Di (@DianeCavallo)

Comments