Presentation: How to keep learners engaged in a blended Learning environment
Content & Activity
Thinking about moving from Replacement to Enhancement (SAMR)
- Getting Students Engaged - relevant, social community
- Maintaining Engagement - teacher presence
- Re-engaging - longer its left, harder to recover
Key takeaway:Based on the Massey University research conducted - 10 strategies - the key, you need all ten. Effort of Facilitator - enthusiasm and presence -
Presentation: What are the influences on teacher mobile technology self efficacy within secondary school classrooms?
Dr. Maggie Hartnett
Self efficacy - learner agency, future focused, social cognitive theory
success, achievement self regulation effort, persistence
Mastery, Modelling, coaching, physiological reactions. Conversely, failure undermines efficacy. Have to have universal supports.
Study: Jo explored how self efficacy changed over time. Teachers were given ipads, prior to the students getting them. Support and learning wrapped around. Explore, experiment before using them in classrooms.
- Experiencing success
- collective efficacy between students and teachers
- perceived VALUE built efficacy - affordance - enjoyment, organisation, differentiate, agency
- facilitator and collaborator
Barriers to technology - infrastructure and time
However, developed coping strategies, suggesting a level of resilience